- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)/ Perceptual Reframing
- NLP, or Neuro-Linguistic Programming, is the science of how the brain codes learning and experience. This coding affects all communication and behavior. It affects how you learn and how you experience the world around you.
- It is a key to reaching goals and achieving excellence. It encompasses the three most influential components involved in producing human experience: neurology, language and programming. The neurological system regulates how our bodies function, language determines how we interface and communicate with other people and our programming determines the kinds of models of the world we create.
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming describes the fundamental dynamics between mind (neuro) and language (linguistic) and how their interplay effects our body and behavior (programming). NLP provides tools and skills for the development of states of individual excellence, and also establishes a system of empowering beliefs and presuppositions about what human beings are, what communication is and what the process of change is all about. NLP is about self-discovery, exploring identity and mission.
- Relaxation Response
- The term coined by Dr Herbert Benson MD that refers to a physical state of deep rest that regulates the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems. Regular elicitation of the relaxation response has been scientifically proven to be an effective treatment for a wide range of stress-related disorders.
- Stress is a term used to define the body’s automatic physiologic reaction to circumstances that require behavioral adjustments. Confronted by a threat – physical or emotional, real or imagined – the hypothalamus causes the sympathetic nervous system to release epinephrine and norepinephrine (also known as adrenaline and noradrenaline) and other related hormones.
- When released into the body, these messengers propel you into a state of arousal (your metabolism, heart rate, blood pressure, breathing rate and muscle tension all increase). This is known as the fight-or-flight response as named by Walter B. Cannon, M.D., of the Harvard Medical School at the turn of the last century.
- Benson, Herbert Dr M.D.
- Dr. Herbert Benson is a pioneer in mind/body medicine, as well as in bringing spirituality and healing into medicine. Through his 35+ year career, he defined the relaxation response and continues to lead teaching and research into its efficacy in counteracting the harmful effects of stress. The recipient of numerous national and international awards, Dr. Benson lectures widely about mind/body medicine and the M/BMI’s work.
- His expertise is frequently sought by national and international news media, and he appears in scores of newspapers, magazines, and television programs each year. Dr. Benson’s research extends from the laboratory to the clinic and to Asian field expeditions. His work serves as a bridge between medicine and religion, East and West, mind and body, and belief and science. More than four million copies of his books have been printed in many languages.
- His latest book to hit the market place is Relaxation Revolution: The Science and Genetics of Mind Body Healing
Place your Order Now
Feel the positive effects immediately.